Aloo and bendi, a combination made in heaven. A perfect blend of spices that makes aloo bendi fry a hit recipe among adults and children alike.
- Aloo: 2 small
- Bendi: 1 cup, diced
- Onion: 1 big, finely chopped
- Curry leaves: 5-6 leaves
- Jeera powder, garam masala powder: 1 tea spoon each
- Chili powder: 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric: ½ tea spoon
- Coriander leaves: a small bunch finely chopped
- Urad dal: 1 tea spoon
- Oil: 2 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Dice it and microwave it for about 10 minutes in micro mode. This will make the potatoes tender. Keep it aside.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 table spoon oil and let it heat.
- Once heated, add urad dal and curry leaves. Fry till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the chopped bendi. Fry on medium flame till the bendi gets cooked and the color changes to dark green.
- In another pan, add one table spoon oil. Let it heat. Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Now add onions and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the jeera powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tender potatoes and give it a gentle stir.
- Add the Fried bendi and cook on low flame for 5 minutes and keep stirring in between.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot!