Made with fresh methi – fenugreek leaves and toor dal. A perfect combination with Roti or rice.
- Methi: 1 cup
- Toor dal: 1 cup
- Cinnamon stick: ½ inch
- Green chili and ginger paste: 1 table spoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5
- Ghee: 1 table spoon
- Jeera: 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Cook toor dal with 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles and keep aside.
- In a wide bottom pan, add ghee, let it heat.
- Once hot, add the jeera and let it splutter.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for about 5 minutes, till the tomatoes become soft and tender.
- Now add the Methi leaves and fry on low flame. One cup Methi will reduce to half in about 5 minutes.
- Now add the green chilly and ginger paste.
- Add the cooked toor dal and give a nice stir
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add water to adjust the consistency.
- Add salt and let it to boil.
- Serve hot with chapatti or rice.