A healthy alternative to the regular chapattis. My daughters call this the Green chapatti.
- Palak: 2 cups
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Green chilly: 2 big
- Onions: 1 small diced
- Ginger: 1 inch small
- Salt to taste
- Wash the palak leaves and roughly chop it. Add water in a glass bowl and immerse the leaves. Add salt. Now blanch it thoroughly. I microwaved the palak leaves with water for about 10 minutes in micro mode.
- In a wide bottom pan, add one table spoon oil. Once it heats, add chopped onions, green chillies and ginger paste. Fry on low flame until the onions become mushy. Allow it to cool.
- Now in a mixie jar, add the blanched palak (drain the excess water) and the roasted onion mixture.
- Make a fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, salt and the above made mixture.
- Knead into a dough by adding just enough water (same as chapatti dough). You can also use luke warm water to make the dough soft.
- Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls out of the dough and roll it like a chapatti.
- On a hot tawa, roast the chapatti on either side, applying one tea spoon oil on each side.
- Serve hot!