- Rice: 1 cup
- Vangibath powder: 2 tablespoons
- Brinjal: 3 purple ones
- Urad dal, channa dal & groundnut(optional): 1 tea spoon each
- Curry leaves: 4-5 fresh ones
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the brinjals and chop them. Make sure that you put them in the vessel of water to avoid it from turning brown in color while chopping.
- Cook rice with a water in a pressure cooker. I use 1:2.5 ratio.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil heats, add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Now add the channa dal, urad dal and ground nuts. Keep in low flame and roast well until it turns golden brown.
- Add curry leaves.
- Now add the brinjal pieces and let it to cook.
- Fry on medium flame until the brinjal gets cooked thoroughly.
- Now add the vangibath powder and salt.
- Give it a nice stir and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and gently stir.
- Cook with closed lid for another 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Turn off the gas. Garnish with coriander(optional).