Crisp potatoes, toasted in chilly sauce and honey. Sweet, spicy, sour….a perfect snack, when you want a taste of everything.
- Potatoes: 4 medium size
- Chili sauce: 3 table spoons
- Honey: 3 table spoons
- Red chili powder: 1 table spoon
- Sesame seeds: 1 tea spoon
- Coriander leaves and spring onions: 1 small bunch: optional
- Oil: for deep frying + 1 table spoon
- Maida: 2 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes and soak it in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Now drain the excess water from the potatoes and set aside for another 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the potatoes, maida, salt and red chili powder.
- Mix it well so that the potatoes get well coated.
- Now, heat the oil in a wide bottom pan. Once the oil heats up, deep fry the coated potatoes on low flame for about 5 minutes. Then increase the flame to go to medium flame for another 5 minutes. The potatoes will turn golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil onto the tissue paper.
- Now add oil into another wide bottom pan.
- When the oil heats up, add the sesame seeds, red chili sauce and honey.
- Get it to boil on low flame.
- Now add the fried potatoes and give it a nice stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve hot!