Instant, Instant, instant!! We want everything to be completed in an instant. This instant pickle is an instant hit recipe. 🙂
- Amla: 1 cup
- Red chili powder: 1 table spoons heaped
- Cumin powder: 2 tea spoons
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Gingerly oil: 2 table spoons
- Hing: a pinch
- Rock salt: To taste
- In a wide pan, add the amla with enough water that it gets immersed completely.
- Add salt to this and get it to boil for about 5 minutes. The gooseberries will get soft.
- Now drain the excess water and set it to dry for about 2 hours. The aim is to remove all the moisture so as to increase the shelf life of the pickle.
- In a wide pan, add oil. Let it heat.
- Now add the mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Now add the red chili powder, rock salt, cumin powder and hing.
- Roast for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the amla. Drizzle a little water so that it gets the right consistency.
- Stir gently for about 5 minutes. Switch off and let it cool.