Sabji sandwich – this is how my DD calls this sandwich as.
Tomato and capsicum gravy stuffed into wheat breads – perfect breakfast for the kids and adults alike.
- Tomato, Capsicum, Onion: 1 big each finely chopped
- Cumin powder, turmeric powder, Corinader powder, garam masala powder: 1 tea spoon each
- Bread: 4 slices(wheat or milk)
- Red chilly powder: 1 tea spoon
- Green chilly: 1, finely chopped (optional, you can use more too).
- Jeera: 1 tea spoon
- Butter: for toasting the bread (oil, if you choose to go low fat)
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 table spoon oil.
- When the oil heats up, add jeera. Let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions and roast for about 3 minutes on low flame.
- Now add the chopped capsicum and tomatoes.
- Cook with closed lid on medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spices now – Cumin powder, turmeric powder, Corinader powder, garam masala powder, red chilly powder and green chillies.
- Add salt.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Garnish with coriander and set aside.
- Heat the tawa and on the heated tawa, toast the bread slices with butter.
- Spread a generous quantity of the gravy on the bread slice.
- Close and toast it again in the griller. You can toast it again on tawa too. This is the tawa version.
- Serve hot! The pic below is the grilled version.