Golden corn, coated with a layer of crisp flour and deep fried to make one of the best teatime snacks.
- Corn kernels: 1 cup
- Onions: 1 big chopped
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Maida: 1/2 cup
- Corn flour: 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves: a small bunch, finely chopped
- Cumin powder: 1/2 table spoon
- Red chilly powder: 1 table spoon
- Turmeric: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Ginger paste: 1 tea spoon.
- Oil: for deep frying
- Boil the corn kernels for about 10 minutes, till it gets tender. I used the frozen corn kernels. You can use fresh ones too.
- In a mixing bowl mix, all the ingredients, except oil.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- In a wide bottom pan, add oil for deep frying.
- When the oil heats up, drop a spoonful of the mixture.
- Deep fry the same, keeping in low flame for about 5 minutes. Then change to medium flame and fry for another 2-3 minutes, until the corn kernels mixture turns golden brown.
- Server hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.