My daughters love the flavor of Chinese sauce… so I thought it would be good to feed more veggies if I make a kati roll with this flavor. So, here goes the recipe.
For the roll:
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Warm water: 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste.
For the stuffing inside the roll:
- Capsicum, Carrot and Onions: 1 big each
- Soya sauce: 1 and 1/2 table spoon
- Chilli sauce: 1 table spoon
- Pepper powder: a pinch (can increase, optional)
- Pizza sauce : 1 tea spoon (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- jeera: 1 tea spoon
- In a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour and salt. Using warm water knead it into a soft dough (same as chapatti dough).
- In a wide bottom pan, add oil and when it heat, add the jeera.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry till it turns translucent.
- Now add the chopped carrots and capsicum and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, chilly sauce, pepper powder and salt.
- Give it a nice stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. The idea is that the veggies should be crunchy enough.
- With the dough that is prepared, make small balls.
- Using the rolling pin, make chapattis with this. Use extra flour for dusting and make sure that the chapattis and thin.
- On the heated tawa, roast the chapatti dough to form thin chapattis. You can use one tea spoon of oil on both sides and roast evenly.
- Now, I added a generous spread of pizza sauce (this is purely optional).
- Now place the veggies mixture into it and roll it.
- Serve hot or pack it for a yummy lunch box!