Powdered almonds mixed with milk and sugar to get the required consistency …to form mouth watering bites for happy festivities.
- Badam: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1.5 cups
- Milk: 2 cups (1:2 ratio with the grounded badam)
- NO WATER is required.
- Saffron strands(optional)
- Soak the almonds in water for about 2 hours and peel off the skin.
- Take a burfi tray and smear 2 table spoons of ghee on it. Spread it evenly and keep it ready. (You can use any plate, I use the burfi tray so that the pieces at the edge of the tray does not cut unevenly and do not get wasted).
- Grind the peeled almonds in a mixie jar. Add milk while grinding.
- Keep the remaining milk for later use.
- In a wide bottom pan, add the gournded almond paste, remaining milk and sugar.
- Keep striing so that the paste does not stick to the bottom of the pan
- When the mixture starts to leave the edges of the pan, pour it in the burfi tray. It took me about 25-30 minutes.
- Leave it in the burfi tray for about 5 minutes and cut even pieces with the help of a knife or a pizza cutter.
If the pieces don’t come out properly, it means that you have not reached the correct consistency, you can pour back the mixture into the pan and stir for another 5-7 minutes. Pour back into the burfi tray and cut pieces again.