Whenever I visit my mom’s place, this is one sure recipe that is cooked. Yes! it is my favorite. This aloo fry recipe is slightly different from the other stir fries that we make, since it is cooked with besan flour.
- Potato: 2 big.(or 10-15 mini potatoes will also go good)
- Besan flour: 1.5 table spoons
- Red chilly powder: 1 tea spoon(can increase if you need it to be more spicy)
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal: 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves: 7-8 leaves
- Coriander leaves: a small bunch, finely chopped to garnish
- Oil: 2 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the potatoes with water in a cooker for about 3 whistles.
- Add salt while cooking, so that it blends well with the potatoes.
- Chop these cooked potatoes roughly.
- In a wide bottom pan, heat oil.
- When the oil heats up, add jeera and roast the same.
- Now add the urad dal and fry till the color changes to light brown.
- Now add the curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Add the red chilly powder and the besan flour. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Mix the cooked and chopped potatoes and give it a nice gentle stir.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot!