Basmati rice cooked in veggies and Chinese sauces, gives it an aromatic flavor making your mouth water!
- Basamati rice: 1 cup
- Mixed veggies: capsicum, zucchini, beans, carrot, onions, baby corn–>all finely chopped
- Spring onions: 1 small bunch finely chopped
- Soya sauce: 1 1/2 table spoons
- Oil: 2 table spoons
- coriander leaves: to garnish–> a small bunch
- Salt to taste
- Wash the basmati rice thoroughly and cook with 1:2 ratio in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 2 table spoons of olive oil.
- When the oil heats up, add onions. Fry till it turns translucent.
- Now add all the mixed veggies.
- Fry with lid closed, for about 5 minutes on medium flame. The veggies should become soft but not loose the crunchiness.
- Now add the soya sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked basmati rice and give it a nice gentle stir.
- Now add the salt, spring onions and coriander leaves and cook with closed lid for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot!!