“Vangibath powder”is readily available in the market. But I prefer the home made one. This gives an authentic south Indian taste to my dishes.
I make it once a month and use this for, of course making the vangibath ;). I use this powder as a spice mix for some of the stir fry’s too.
- Channa dal: 3 small cups
- Urad dal: 2 small cups
- Coriander seeds: 2 small cups
- Kashmiri mirch: 22 big ones (I use only Kashmiri mirch so that it gives a wonderful color to the powder)
- Cinnamon stick: 2 pieces of 1 inch each
- Curry leaves: Around 25-30 leaves
- Dry roast the Curry leaves and Kashmiri mirch and keep aside.
- Now dry roast the channa dal, urad dal and coriander seeds.
- Let the mixture cool.
- In a mixer jar, add all the roasted ingredients and the cinnamon stick.
- Grind it to form a fine powder.