A healthy breakfast recipe….low carbs.. and good on your taste buds. A must have for those looking for weight reduction :).
I have already posted the recipe for rice shamige. Please read that if you want another variation of this recipe.
- Ravi svige: 1 packet
- Carrot grated: 1 cup
- Channa dal, urad dal: 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves: 5-6
- Green chilies: 2 big
- coriander leaves: a small bunch for garnishing
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- Hot water: 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- In a vessel pour the contents of the Raagi vermicelli packet. Sprinkle enough salt over it.
- Heat water in another vessel.
- When the water starts to boil, switch off the flame, add the boiled water to the Raagi vermicelli. The vermicelli should get completely immersed in the boiling water.
- Close the lid and leave for about a minute. The vermicelli will get cooked. DO NOT rest it in water for more time, the vermicelli gets soggy.
- Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- In a wide bottom pan, add oil.
- When the oil heats up, add channa dal and urad dal. Fry till they get golden brown.
- Now add the grated carrot and fry till the raw smell leaves. (for about 3-5 minutes on medium flame).
- Now add the green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the cooked Raagi vermicelli and give it a nice stir. REMEBER, salt is already sprinkled. The cooked vermicelli has salt in it. There is no need to add salt again.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot!