A recipe that serves well for breakfast or lunch. Easy to make and a tingling effect on to your taste buds.
- Rice: 1 cup
- Channa dal, urad dal: 1 tea spoon
- Ground nuts: 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric: 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5
- Green chillies: 1 big, finely chopped
- Grated coconut: 2 table spoons
- Lemon: 1 small sized
- Coriander leaves: a small bunch, finely chopped
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Pressure cook rice and keep it aside. Make sure you do not overcook it. It should not get mushy. I generally add water in 1:2.5 ratio for lemon rice to get the right consistency.
- In a wide bottom pan, add oil. Let it heat.
- Now add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add channa dal, urad dal and Ground nuts together. Fry in oil in low flame for about 3 minutes.
- The dals and the ground nuts change in color.
- Now add the curry leaves, green chilies and turmeric. Roast it for about half a minute.
- Now add grated coconut.
- Add the cooked rice and give it a gentle stir.
- Now add the lemon juice and salt to taste. Switch off the flame. Stir it gently.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot!