Grated Paneer tossed well with freshly cut onions, capsicum and tomatoes…mixed with aromatic spices. Serves well as evening snack.. If stuffed inside bread slices, acts as a filling wholesome breakfast as well.
- Grated Paneer: 1 cup
- Tomato, Capsicum, Onions: 1 big each. Chopped finely
- Ginger paste: 1 table spoon (you can use ginger garlic paste as well. I don’t like the smell of garlic with this recipe, hence I have avoided it).
- Turmeric powder, Dry mango powder, garam masala: 1 tea spoon each.
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Grate the Paneer and keep it ready. If it is homemade Paneer, you can even crumble it with your hands since it will be quite soft.
- In a wide bottom pan, add oil. Let it heat.
- Add onions and roast till it turns translucent.
- Now add the tomatoes and fry till it turns slightly mushy. It should be around 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the capsicum. Adding capsicum after the tomatoes are half cooked, makes them remain crunchy, which goes well with the crumbled Paneer.
- Now add all the spices: turmeric powder, dry mango powder garam masala and salt to taste.
- Add the crumbled/grated Paneerand mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot!