I love to try various varieties of greens. Its more like a feel good factor since I feel happy that I have cooked a wholesome, delicious and healthy recipe for my family.
- Toor da: 1 cup
- Palak: 1 bunch
- Tomato, Onions: 1 small
- Red chilly powder, jeera: 1ea spoon
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- Cinnamon stick: 1/2 inch
- Salt to taste.
- Pressure cook toor dal for 5 whistles and keep aside.
- Chop the palak and blanch it (I use my oven to do it, I blanch it for about 7 minutes). You can directly cook it on gas as well.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 table spoon oil. When the oil heats up, add jeera, let it splutter.
- Now add the onion and fry till it gets transparent.
- Now add the tomatoes and the blanched palak. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Now add the spices and the cooked dal. Cover with closed lid for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot!