I generally make white sauce for pasta. Today I though I could try a new version of sandwich with this white sauce. Here goes the recipe.
- Bread: 4 slices (I used wheat bread, you can tyr with other varieties too).
- Onions: 1 big, finely chopped.
- Green capsicum: 1/2 finely chopped
- Milk: 1 cup
- Maida: 2 table spoons
- Mixed herbs: 1 tea spoon
- Chilly flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste.
- Butter: 2 table spoons for white sauce and 1 table spoon for toasting the bread.
- Mix the milk and maida in a mixing bowl and make a smooth paste, without lumps.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 tea spoon of butter.
- When the butter heats, add onions and capsicum and roast till they get tender. (You can cook them with oil as well).
- Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 table spoons of butter.
- When the butter melts, add the mixture of maida and milk.
- Stir continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Now add the mixed herbs, capsicum and onion.
- Give it a quick stir and swtich off the flame.
- Let it cool down. Cooling down helps to get the right consistency for your bread spread.
- Toast the bread slices with oil/ghee/butter.
- Generously spread the shite sauce spread over the toasted bread and serve hot!