Golden corn kernels mixed with roasted capsicum and mixed with mild Indian spices. Can be served with roti or rice.
- Corn kernels: 1 cup (boiled for about 5 minutes in salt water)
- Capsicum: ½ finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 big
- Onion: 1 big
- Star anise: 1
- Clove: 1 tea spoon (about 4-5)
- Coriander powder, garam masala: ½ table spoon
- Turmeric: a pinch
- Green chilies: 2 small
- Fresh cream: 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Tomato sauce: ½ table spoon
- Oil: 2 table spoons
- Salt to taste.
- Boil the corn kernels in salt water for about 5 minutes and set it aside.
- In a wide pan, add 1 table spoon of oil.
- Add the onions and roast till it gets golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, star anise, cloves, salt and fry for about 2 minutes, till the raw smell leaves.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Now grind the mixture along with 2 green chilies.
- In the same pan, add 1 table spoon of oil.
- Add the chopped capsicum and roast till it gets tender.
- Now add the grounded mixture. Cook on medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Now you can add the tomato sauce (for a good flavor) and fresh cream (optional).
- Add salt to taste.
- Now add the corn kernels and give it a nice stir.
- Cook again for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.