“Chotu idli” as my little ones call it 🙂
- Idli batter: 1 cup
- Onions: finely chopped
- Green chillies: 1 (optional)
- Coriander leaves: 1 small bunch, finely chopped
- Hing: a small pinch
- Oil: for shallow frying
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the panniyaram tawa on stove till it becomes mildly hot.
- Once the tawa is hot, add one teaspoon of oil into each slot of the tawa
- Add one tablespoon of the batter into each of these slots.
- Cook on low flame with lid covered for 10mins.
- Now flip the panniyarams so as to cook on the other side.
- Cook again for another 5 minutes, preferably on low/medium flame. Else the colour changes to dark brown, but the inside of it remains uncooked.
- Serve hot, with chutney!!