For the dough:
- Maida: 1 cup
- Rava: 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee: 2 table spoons
For the stuffing:
- Grated dry coconut (kobbari) : 1 cup
- Powdered sugar: 1 cup
- Raisins and cashews: 1 tablespoon each (optional)
- Heat 1 table spoon on ghee, roast the raisins and cashews.
- Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients under ‘For the dough’ except ghee.
- Mix well.
- Now heat one table spoon of ghee and add to this mixture.
- Knead well. Now add water and knead into a soft dough.
- The dough should be as much as chapatti dough, or a little harder.
- Cover and set aside for half an hour.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add coconut, powdered sugar and the roasted almonds and raisins.
- Now take small ball of this dough, make it flat.
- Now fill the stuffing into it.
- Cover it and deep fry on low flame till the color changes to golden brown.