It is an authentic Indian style flat bread popular in the coastal Malabar region and it is prepared using only three ingredients – rice flour, cooking oil and water.
- Rice flour: 1 cup
- Water: 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Add salt to water and get it to boil.
- To the hot boiling water, add the rice flour.
- Mix well, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- When the mixture cools down, knead into a soft dough. Grease your palms with oil, else the rice flour will stick to your palms.
- Make small balls of this rice flour mixture. Roll into small chapatis.
- Use rice flour for dusting while rolling into pathiris . Make it as thin as possible. The thinner the better.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or non-stick cooking pan over medium heat.
- Grease the cast iron skillet with little oil.
- Place the rolled pathiri on the skillet or pan.
- When the bottom side just starts to get cooked, in about 30 seconds, flip it over to the other side. Repeat the same until it gets cooked completely.
- Serve hot!!