Blanched palak and mildly roasted paneer is a host of mild spices, makes it a good side dish for rotis and rice.
- Palak: 1 small bunch
- Paneer: 100 grams
- Onion: 1 small
- Fresh cream: 1 table spoon
- Coriander powder, roasted jeera powder, pepper powder: 1 tea spoon
- Jeera, oil: 1 table spoon
- Green chilies: 1 (your preference of spicy)
- Cinnamon stick: ½ inch stick
- Salt to taste:
- Wash the palak and remove the thick stem. Now blanch it well with water. I did it in microwave, for around 15 minutes.
- Add salt to water while blanching. This way, the palak will absorb the salt well.
- Let it cool down.
- Cube the paneer is small bits and roast it well on a hot tawa till the color of the paneer changes to golden brown.
- In the mixer, grind the blanched palak, onion, cinnamon stick and green chilly. DO NOT add extra water while grinding.
- Grind into a smooth paste.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 table spoon of oil
- When the oil heats up, add I tea spoon of jeera. Let it splutter.
- Now add the grounded mixer and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the coriander powder, jeera powder and pepper powder. Cook on low flame for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the roasted paneer and fresh cream. Give it a gentle stir.
- Close the lid and cook so that the spices gets absorbed by the paneer.
- Serve hot.