Long, thin strips made of Buckwheat. ..cooked with a tinge of olive oil… Toasted with fresh vegetables and soya sauce!! hmmmmmmm….. Yumm!!
- Noodles: I used the pasta variety.
- Tomato ketchup and Soya sauce: 1 table spoon
- Sugar, chilli powder and Tamarind paste: 1 tea spoon
- Capsicum and carrot: finely minced
- Microwave the noodles with sufficient quantity of water for 15 minutes. Add salt while cooking. Adding salt separately will not mix well with the noodles.
- Make sure to add one table spoon of olive oil to water while cooking. This makes the noodles non-sticky.
- Once the noodles are cooked, keep it aside and let it come back to room temperature.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 table spoon of olive oil.
- When the oil heats up, add chopped capsicum and carrot.
- Cook for about 2 minutes. The idea is to keep the vegetables crunchy and half cooked.
- Now add soya sauce, tomato ketchup and let the vegetables cook in these. The flavour of soya sauce will seep into the veges.
- Now add small amount of tamarind paste, chilli powder and sugar.
- Cook for another 2 minutes with a closed lid.
- Now add the cooked noodles. Give it a gentle stir. Cook for a couple of more minutes and serve hot!!