Cashews – powdered, mixed with sugar and smeared with ghee. A delicacy you cannot stop to indulge in!!
Prepared for Krishna Janmastami
- Whole cashews: 1 cup
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Water: ¼ cup
- Ghee: for kneading the dough and greasing
- Grind the whole cashews into a fine powder in a mixer jar. DO NOT add any water.
- In a wide bottom pan, add water.
- Now mix the sugar along with it.
- When the sugar completely dissolves, and the water starts to boil, it is the right time to add the cashew mixture powder.
- Now add the cashew mixture powder and keep stirring.
- Stir continuously for about 10 minutes. The mixture starts to thicken.
- Once it reaches this stage, turn off the gas.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Apply ghee to your hands and knead into a flexible dough.
- Now roll it using a rolling pin.
- Cut equal size pieces and serve!!