Pressed rice, also called poha is a hearty breakfast. The nutty and crunchy taste of the groundnuts smeared over it makes a mouth-watering morning recipe worth a try.
- Thick avalakki (poha): 2 cups
- Water: to wash well and rinse the poha.
- Channa dal, urad dal, oil, ground nuts, mustard seeds: 1 table spoon
- Green chillies: 2 (I serve my two dd too, so I use less. You can change it as per your taste)
- Curry leaves: 7-8
- turmeric powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: 1 small bunch finely chopped
- capsicum: 1 small finely chopped
- grated coconut: half cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar : 1 teaspoon
- Wash the poha and rinse it in enough water so that it gets soaked. Soak for around 10 minutes. After ten minutes, drain out the water and keep the poha aside.
- In a wide bottom pan, add oil. Let it heat. Now add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add channa dal, urad dal and ground nus. Roast thoroughly for around 3minutes in low flame.
- Now add curry leaves, chopped green chillies, turmeric powder and chopped capsicum.
- Roast on low flame for 5 minutes, till the colour of the capsicum changes to jelly green .
- Now add the poha, and give it a nice stir.
- Now add sugar, salt and coriander leaves. Give it a gentle stir and leave it for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot!