I had bread toast from a famous bakery close to my house. Just trying an imitation of the same. Homemade ‘Bakery’ bread toast
- Bread – 4 slices of brown bread.
- Onions: 2 big ones, finely chopped
- Carrot: 2 small. Grated
- Green chillies: 2 small
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves: 1 small bunch, finely chopped.
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- Jeera: 1 table spoon
- Butter/ghee : for toasting
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 table spoon of oil.
- Add jeera and let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry for about a minute.
- Now add the grated carrots. Fry for about 5 minutes on low flame.
- You can keep it closed so that the cooking process speeds up.
- Now add salt, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Give it a nice stir.
- On a tawa, heat a small chunk of butter.
- Now toast the bread slices evenly on both the sides.
- Spread the onion carrot mixture generously over it.
- Serve hot!
- You can use butter/ghee for toasting your bread
- You can replace brown bread with white bread too, it gives a nice sweetness to your toast.
- Reduce the number of chilies if you are serving children.