Crispy dosa or soft idlis, easy to make and great for your taste buds!
You can use the same batter for making dosa or soft idli. Savored with coconut chutney, my kids love it for their lunch box too.
- Idli rice – 3 cups
- Whole urad dal – 1/2 cup
Fenugreek – 1/2 tsp
- Thick poha – 2 table spoons
- Water – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Soak the required quantity of rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds separately for about 4 to 5 hours
- Soak poha for about 10 minutes. This will allow to get crispy dosa and a better color too.
- Drain the water from urad dal and grind it in a mixer/grinder.
- Now drain the water from rice and grind along with the urad dal.
- Now add the fenugreek seeds, poha and salt and give a final blend.
- The batter is ready. You can use it for dosa and idli.
- Generally, I use it for idli first. After about two days, the batter starts to get a little sour. Dosa tastes best with this batter.
- On a hot gridle, spread a generous quantity of dosa batter. Roast with oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.