Roasted dals with freshly grounded coconut- best eaten with hot homemade idlis and dosas.
- Freshly grated coconut: 1 cup
- Roasted gram (hurgadale in kannada and puttu kadale in tamil): 1 table spoon
- 1 green chily
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5
- Oil: 1 table spoon
- In a mixer jar, add the grated coconut, green chilies, roasted gram and salt.
- Grind into a paste using water. Add water according to the consistency you prefer.
- In a laddle, heat one table spoon oil. Let it heat.
- Now add the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Now add curry leaves into it.
- Mix this with the chutney mixture and serve with hot dosas or idlis.