Evening snack – loved by elders and kids alike. Made of corn kernels and merged generously with raw onions, tomatoes and freshly grated carrots, makes it a delight to be savored during rainy season.
- Corn kernels: 3 cups
- Onions: 1 big, finely chopped
- Tomatoes: 2, finely grated
- Carrots: 2 small, grated
- Coriander: a small bunch
- Jeera powder, coriander powder, salt and pepper powder: to taste
- Butter: optional
- Heat water in a vessel and add the corn kernels to it.
- Get it to boil for about 5 minutes, till the corn kernels get tender.
- In a wide bottom pan, add 1 small chunk of butter.
- Now add the boiled corn kernels to it and saute it well for about 2 minutes.
- Add the jeera powder, coriander powder, salt and pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now add the chopped onions, tomatoes and grated carrots.
- Top it with crispy sev and serve at tea time.