Akki rotti is a healthy south Indian breakfast. Akki means rice. This is made up of rice flour and hence very filling.
- Rice flour – 2 cups (heaped)
- Grated coconut – 1 cup(heaped)
- Dill leaves – half a bunch
- Onion – 1 diced and finely chopped (optional)
- Green chillies -2 big
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste.
- Heat water in a get to boil.
- In a wide vessel, add all the ingredients.
- Add hot boiling water to this and mix well.
- On the tawa, apply 1 table spoon oil.
- Spread the rice flour batter on the tawa evenly with the help of your palm.
- Now roast the Akki rotti on both the sides, evenly, by spreading oil.
- Serve hot with pudina chutney or tomato curry.
- Adding enough coconut gives you nice soft rotti.
- Some people use warm water. I use boiling water, this makes the rottis soft. You can also spread it evenly and make it very thin with this trick.