This is my kid’s favorite breakfast recipe (and mine too 😉 as it gets done very fast!
White/Brown bread: 4 slices
Tomatoes and Cucumber: fine and thin rounds
Onions and Capsicum: finely sliced
Paper Cheese: 1 slice
Ghee: for roasting
Mayonnaise sauce and mixed herbs
- Place the bread on the tawa and roast it on both the sides. Apply ghee while roasting as it gives a nice aroma to your sandwich.
- Once the bread slices turn golden brown, turn off your stove.
- Now apply a generous spread of mayonnaise to the bread slices on one side.
- Arrange the slices of cucumber and tomatoes.
- Now spread the cut capsicum and onions over it.
- Give a generous spread of mixed herbs.
- Top it with a layer of paper cheese.
- Close the sandwich with another bread slice which has a generous spread of mayonnaise.
- Your sandwich is ready to eat!
- There are various versions of this sandwich. This is something that I like, since it has many raw vegetables which will slide into your kid’s tummy unknowingly. And the paper cheese gives the required morning dose of protein.
- For the mixed herbs, I used only oregano and red chili flakes. You can also use the mixed herbs which you get readily in the market.