Renting the right office space for your business is a very crucial decisions. Deciding on the right office location, style and cost could sometimes be more difficult than running the actual business itself. The right office location will have favorable effects. For example, if you are strategically located close to your clients, you have more chances of bagging a good business from them.
Read on to find out the 5 important things that you need to consider while renting your office space.
- Cost: Money is the one of the most important factors when you are running a business… same when you are choosing your office space too. If you spend too little on your office space you may end up renting a place which is too small. A small office might suffice your current needs, but what happen if you expand your business in the future? Make sure that you your office space is based not only on your current needs but also on the future growth plans. Read through the rent agreements and related documents carefully and beware of the hidden costs. Sometimes, the hidden costs can be so exuberant that you may end up paying much more than what you have planned.
- Location: There are two important sets of people you need to satisfy while choosing your office location – your clients and your staff. If your clients and staff can reach your office without any hassle, then you are on the right track. Lowering your office rents by moving into the suburbs might not be a welcome move. Your clients might not want to undergo the hassle of long travels to patronize your business. At the same time, a nice coffee shop, after work bar or a gym nearby would be an icing on the cake for your employees.
- Infrastructure: Almost all businesses these days require an internet connection. Most of the office spaces that are out for rent, include this as part of the rent package. But if you are hiring privately, then you need to check for the internet connection. You also need to make sure that the speed of the internet connection is sufficient to run your business. Infrastructure does not mean only internet. It also includes dedicated phone lines and postal services. Make sure that your office space has all these in place and it is up to the standards that you are looking for to run your business.
- Car parking: This is another important factor that is generally over looked while renting the office space. It is important that you, your clients and staff have enough parking space. Again, most of the office spaces include this in the rental agreement. Make sure that you read through these documents to make sure that you do not end up paying extra for the parking area. A secured and dedicated parking area for your office would be a plus.
- Your style: Last but not the least, it is your office and it is a place that will reflect your personality. The first impression of your office space will have a lasting impression in the minds of your clients. Your office is much more than just a collection of some cubicles. Make sure that you talk to the landlord and make sure that you can brand your office according to your requirements at not much extra cost.