It’s a personal story, no offense to those who are happy SAHM. I was a SAHM mom for a year after my second DD was born. It was a rewarding and satisfying. I had all the time to enjoy the little sweet things that my daughter did. From breastfeeding to nappy changing, I enjoyed it all. But at the same time, I did have a big dilemma whether I should continue to stay at home or get back to work.
I spent sleepless nights and thoughtful days, contemplating the pros and cons of getting back to work. After careful consideration – here are my reasons.
- Taking care of kids is fun. But at the same time, it is monotonous and frustrating too…to do and re-do the same job all 24 hours a day, 365 days without a break.
- I will not be a happy person if I am at home all day and perform the routine duties every day.
- It would be monotonous and it would leave me frustrated. I would rather be a busy working mom than a frustrated unhappy full -time mom for my daughter.
- Paycheck maters (however big or small the amount) to contribute to household expenses, savings and investments.
- I love another identity other than a mother and a wife. It boots my self-confidence.
- To put my education, energy and other abilities to use.(This would also make my parents proud of me, after they have striven hard to give me good education)
- To dress up every morning – with a purposes, the lifestyle, meeting new people, making friends, office parties and gossips. The busy but happy lifestyle (suits me).
- Once my daughters grow up and start full time school and then college, I might end up feeling lonely. So I thought it would be better to restart my career. I am sure my children would be proud of me.
It is a hard decision for every mother. I respect both the sides.